As we look forward to the 2012 elections, regardless of political affiliation, we should vote for a President, Senator and Representative who can best serve the interests and needs of the American people including resolving our economic situation and creating jobs. Based on the facts noted in Part I of this posting and the history of Democratic President fiscal responsibility, leadership and unprecedented job creation, it is obvious to me that the Democratic Party including its President can best serve the American people and get this country back on track the way Franklin Roosevelt and Bill Clinton did.
If we elect a Republican President and the Republicans control the Congress in 2012, in addition to implementing Tea Party influenced initiatives, here are a few of the major initiatives they will implement and a Republican President will support:
- Legislation to abolish the Health Care Law that provides coverage to 32 million Americans, removes pre-existing condition restrictions, allows students to remain on parents policy until they are 26, saves Medicare 418 Billion by 2019 and much more;
- Legislation to undermine our ability to provide a healthier environment for our children, eliminating every tool EPA has to address serious public health threats from carbon pollution, including increased childhood asthma;
- Continued taxpayer subsidies for big oil companies and speculators;
- Approving additional tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires, protect tax breaks for corporations that ship jobs overseas and continue to supplement big oil companies;
- Eliminating federal funding for Planned Parenthood devastating the primary source of health care, especially preventive services like contraception, cancer screenings, breast exams, and HIV testing, for millions of women;
- Conducting an unprecedented, radical assault on women’s health care restricting, for the first time, how women with private insurance can spend private dollars in purchasing health insurance;
- Passing the Paul Ryan Budget Bill that will kill Medicare the way we know it and increase the National debt in five years to $16 trillion dollars;
- Crippling public radio stations, particularly in rural areas, while not saving taxpayers one dime; and
- Compromising National Security by provoking a war with Iran.
If, however, the Democrats control Congress with its President in 2012, here are a few major initiatives that the President and his party will continue or implement:
- End tax loopholes that let corporations hide profits overseas, and investing those dollars in small businesses that create jobs in America;
- Provide tax cuts to small businesses and expanding lending so that businesses can create new jobs;
- Invest in a clean-energy economy, and providing tax credits to spark manufacturing of windmills, solar panels, and electric cars here at home;
- Pass infrastructure legislation that will put Americans to work rebuilding roads, bridges, rails, and ports, strengthening our economy and our infrastructure across all 50 states;
- Extend unemployment benefits as necessary;
- Pass major infrastructure legislation to put millions of people back to work;
- Abolish the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy;
- Reform Wall Street through the United States Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to prevent another melt-down;
- Eliminate subsidies for big oil companies;
- Close Guantanamo Bay; and
- Bring American military personnel home from Afghanistan.
The 2012 elections are all about choice and the current Republican Presidential candidates have given us a glimpse of their radical agenda. Do we choose to endorse new Tea Party controlled initiatives that will undoubtedly set our country back at least 50 years, virtually eliminate the middle-class while ensuring another economic meltdown, or do we choose to continue the current course under President Obama and the Democrats that will restore our economic sanity, as well as continue to enhance America’s National security (remember, it was the Obama Administration that captured Bin Laden)?
As noted in a previous blog, thirty-eight (38) states with Republican majority legislatures have introduced legislation to impede democratic voters. More than 10 percent of U.S. citizens lack the required state identification resulting from this drastic legislation and the numbers are even higher among constituencies that traditionally vote Democratic including 18 percent of young voters and 25 percent of African-Americans. Republicans are terrified that there will be a repeat of the landslide Democratic victory that occurred in 2008 and that’s the reason they are using every radical trick to prevent that from happening. It is projected that billions of dollars will be spent by right-wing billionaire groups to purchase a Republican election.
To prohibit continued Republican obstructionism in Congress and overcome the unprecedented state voter registration laws enacted by Republicans, if you are in agreement, President Obama needs our help to guarantee Democratic majorities in Congress as well as his reelection. We need to make sure that our friends, neighbors, family and others understand the seriousness of the 2012 elections and the necessity of an overwhelming voter turnout. The future economic stability and National Security interests of the United States of America is in our hands in 2012, how will we respond?
Feel free to distribute all or any part of this blog posting as may be appropriate.
If you are interested in acquiring silver click here for free information.